CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, 25 January 2009

Sunday with my Family

Today I've had a lovely day at home with Frank and Ryan, now I'm feeling a lot better I'm able to be more active with my family again!
This morning Ryan made his first Cheese toastie! One of his weekend homework assignments was to follow written instructions, so I gave him simple instructions for a cheese toastie and he made it himself in our "Baby George"!
I think giving kids confidence to cook is a great idea and one I'm very keen to pursue!
I got up early, 2 hours before the boys, and got all the ironing and cleaning out of the way, prep'd the veg for dinner and got myself showered and ready. Then spent the whole day with my wonderful boys! We played on the wii, practised golf,had a lovely family walk,and settled down to watch the Merseyside Derby! For those of you not from Britain, that means both of our Local Liverpool Football teams ( Liverpool and Everton) play against each other. Ryan is a Liverpool Supporter and Frank is an Evertonian!
Luckily for me, the score was 1-1!!

Phew!!

Am now watching MY Tv programme! Dancing on Ice, before I bath Ryan!
Really enjoyed today! Hope ya'll had a great weekend too!
..x..

 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Wendy
Ryan's cheese toastie looks great. I love the type of homework that can be eaten!
Glad both teams drew. I bet you were dreading it if they didn't!
I am still giggling about Todd on dancing on Ice. Wasn't he hilarious? That must have been the funniest moment on all the shows so far. I would have loved to have seen what went on in the ice tunnel during those missing seconds.
Lindsay

Wendy said...

Oh Lindsay! I near pee'd my pants over Todd!!!! That was hilarious!!! ..x..

Daphine said...

Hey friend!
Looking at Ryan's cheese toasties are making me hungry all over again. Sounds like you and your precious family had a great day spent.

The Button Witch said...

Glad you had such a great w/e and well done for Ryan he'll be a chef before you know it, we made homemade pizzas again on Friday night so my kids are gettting so cooking lessons tho I hope it doesnt come to it it puts my mind at rest when I know they can look after themselves if ever I can't.
Have posted my SAL now thanx for letting Gaynor know I would be late feeling much better today so hope to catch you online abit later
Love n Hugs n Happy Stitching
Shellie

stitchersanon said...

Wow...healthy and fun!
I am all for teaching the kids how to cook adn to be independent..it is why we are here isnt it?
Sounds like you had a great day. Dont envy you with the footie though lol!

April said...

Hey Wendy!

Ryan, like Abby, is quite the little cook, it looks like! I think it's such a good thing for kids to learn how to do.

We don't get "Dancing on Ice" around here. I love ice skating, though. Just curious...what happened with Todd? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

stitchersanon said...

Hi..I am going to the library tomorrow to see if twilight is in there..thank you so much for your offer, but I would feel really guilty re postage costs and trouble getting your copy here.

If I cant get it I may take your offer up lol