We have had a very interesting and strange day today!!
Firstly the weather has been bizarre!!!!!!!!!
We set out at 11am for the City centre, in torrential rain, got soaked through just on the short walk to the bus stop! ( And I'm being honest, I WAS peed off and suggested just turning round and going home, in a spoiled brat type way!!)
Arrived in the city centre, after witnessing hailstones whilst we we on the bus
( And OK, admittedly, I enjoyed it when the bus splashed through puddles and fountained water on passing pedestrians!I'd gotten a soaking so why shouldn't they! No way I'm getting to Heaven huh! )
The Museum was great! Frank and I loved the Egyptology floor the best, and the real mummies; Ryan liked the Bug house best, they have these ropes going round, just above head height, with little leaf cutter ants on, all carrying these little pieces of leaf, so cute! i was mesmerized!They have a large aquarium which I love and had this fantastic and also thought provoking exhibition on called "RESPECTACLE" Huge room filled with pairs of glasses and other things to remember the victims in concentration camps during the War. The exhibition is based on actual photographs showing piles of glasses, shoes, clothes etc found in the camps.
After the Museum we head through the City Centre, stopping on the way to Marvel at the complete change in the City Centre and the Massive new shopping complex there called "Liverpool One". (Got some Lambanana's on the way!)
Arrived at the Albert Dock, as Frank wanted to see the ships/Boats, I'm not even going to pretend to know what was going on, and I certainly didn't care! For someone who has always lived and was raised in a Major Port, I have no interest whatsoever in Boats!!!! ( Although the dinky cabins in the cross Channel ferries are cute!)
It was the end of some clipper race or something, I don't know what a clipper is,I don't care, I just saw boats with tall masts and pretty flags! We didn't stay long, evidently Ryan also inherited his "love " of boats from me and was asking when we were going home! By this time the sun was out and cracking the flags!Coats, Sweatshirts and cardigans were off and sunglasses were on!
Got the Bus home and enjoyed a dinner of Pizza and salad in front of the final, gripping episode of Doctor who!
Just watching Big brother and ejoying a nice chilled glass of White Grenache :-)
Krys, haven't done any crockpotting today! Not had the time! Also have been getting some "Rib" advice from Alison ( Ie the difference between Bacon ribs, and pork ribs)
I have to go and buy the ingredients too, so I'll keep you posted on that one!
I am however doing BBQ chicken drums tomorrow, but they're already in their BBQ marinade and you just chuck em in the oven! They had already been put on my shopping order before the crock arrived.
Enjoy your brisket!
....xxxxx.........
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment