CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, 12 November 2008

Ladies who lunch! ( and my shrivelled claw!)

Today I had my injections.
YIK!!!!!!!!
For those who don't know, I have tendonitis in my right hand, Currently I'm suffering with it in my thumb, which means my grip is badly affected and I get pain if I use my right hand for writing/typing/etc
I'm am currently off work because of this,but am scheduled to return on Nov 25th.
So today I had steriods injected into my tendons at the base of my thumb.
It was the strangest feeling, not entirely as painful as I'd thought, Just very very strange and tingly!
When I came out the tingle would not go, it lasted about 3 hours, now I'm just numb, totally numb like my hand doesn't belong to me! My whole hand is freezing cold too!
Weird huh! I was so dreading the actual injecting bit, I didn't give any thought to what it may feel like afterwards!
So no sewing for a while, at least until I get some feeling back anyhow!

On a lighter note, I totally had a wonderful day!
My Mum came with me for my appointment, then we headed into town, had a good old shop, and had a gorgeous 3 course lunch in this authentic French restaurant I favour.
After Lunch we dropped by Toys-R-Us before heading home for some coffee.
B L I S S !!!
Frank has been great, he has cooked dinnner, washed and dried dishes and will sort out the lunches for tomorrow!
Ryan had after-school sports today,He won his handball match! He's been telling me the Spanish he learned in school and is totally amazed that Chocolate is spelled the same in English and Spanish! ( I haven't checked yet to se if this is true!)
Watched a little "Kung Fu Panda" then he played on the computer a little!
Had a really nice day, despite the paralised hand!

Wend....xxxxxx....

4 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Wendy
Sorry to hear about your painful injections. I do hope you get your hand back soon and can continue stitching.
Well done to Ryan with his handball match.
The restaurant sounds good. I have never been to a french restaurant. I am not very adventurous with food!
Lindsay

Mrs. H said...

I'm so happy to hear your injection went better than expected! Days out with mom are always nice aren't they!

Daphine said...

I hope that your hand gets better soon. It would totally freak me out to get an injection in my thumb. Yikes!

Your Mum sounds so sweet. She always seems to be there for her girl! What a blessing! Glad you enjoyed your day after all!

The Button Witch said...

Hi hun
Glad the injections went well and hope u get the feeling back soon
WTG Ryan for winning your handball match
Love n hugs to all
Shellie