CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, 10 November 2008

Soul Food!

This is from a Post I saw over at Kimbers blog. Asking which food always puts you in a good mood and brings heartwarming feelings.
Well for me, Apart from the good old British roast dinner, My Soul Food is ...
Cheap, easy and brings memories of Dinner at Mums when I was a child, and even of Grandma, when she was alive. Proper old fashioned family food! Think the origins are Irish, but don't hold me to it!

Corned Beef Hash

Tin Corned Beef
Potatoes suitable for Mashing
Onions
Salt, pepper,oil for frying,Chili powder optional.


1 - peel,chop and cook potatoes as you usually would for mashed potato ( If you don't know how to do this, then go ring your Mum!)
2 - Gently fry chopped onions in a little oil
3 - Cube corned beef
4 - I personally add milk to make my potatoes more creamy, but add butter or whatever you usually use.
5 - Drain poatoes, add the milk to them, add corned beef and fried onion and mash using a potato masher.
6 - End up with a pan of pinkish mash!
7 - Add salt/pepper/chili powder to your own preference
8 - Spoon all mixture into an ovenproof dish, "rough up" the top with a fork,and place into a moderate oven for 30 minutes, or place under a grill until the top is browned and crispy.
9 - Enjoy!!!

7 comments:

Shell said...

ooohhh I could just eat that.My DHs favourite,I like to add a few mushrooms and garden peas.

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy.

Daphine said...

I've heard of this before, but I've never had it. Sounds yummy though!

The Button Witch said...

That looks yummy hun

Velda said...

OMGosh I haven't had Corned Beef Hash since I was about 10!!! My mother is gone and I couldn't for the life of me remember how to make it and have NEVER found a recipe that even resembled my mother's Thank you!!!!!!!!

April said...

I've heard of corned beef hash, but I never knew exactly what it was. Sounds quite tasty!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Wendy
Hope you are feeling better today. I love roast dinners too but am not keen on corned beef!
I dashed in Asda after work and got one of those spit roasted hot chickens for dinner. Yummy.
Lindsay