CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, 10 November 2008

Thank you Dear Friends.

Just a quick note to say Thank you for all your thoughts and Prayers about my Uncle Terry. You cannot imagine how much I appreciate your comments and even though most of us are 1000's of miles apart physically, I know and feel that most of you are very close right now, that gives me great comfort.
And so saying, I haven't even attended my Uncles Funeral, this is a tough, tough time for me and I feel so guilty. I had my outfit all laid out, my handbag all ready with tissues, everything prepared:
What I didn't prepare for however, was to be up at 4am with the most awful stomach upset, I'm talking both ends exploding! I'm so glad we positioned our sink within reaching distance of the toilet!
I remained curled on the freezing cold floor until Frank came in from work at 7.15am and ordered me back to bed,my insides were like a washing machine on full spin :-( I rang Mum in tears to explain, but there was no way I could attempt to get ready in that state.
Now its' 2.15pm, and the washing machine has thankfully stopped, only to be replaced by a nest of razorblades at the back of my throat and every joint aching :-( Don't you just love Flu season!
Anyway, I've spoken to Mum and the Funeral went well, they had a drink with the family afterwards and chatted about good times.
As predicted, "You'll Never Walk Alone" was as emotional as I imagined.
Night Night Uncle Terry, My Dear Godfather, may you now rest in Peace
I Love you.

Wendy...xxx...

4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Oh Wendy, I am soooo sorry you got that horrible bug. Bless your heart. Your family understands. And your Uncle is above looking down with love. He is out of pain and where we all should long to be one day. I hope you are feeling better...not guilty. It was out of your control...
Love you!

Valerie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the rough time you are going through. I'm sure your uncle knew that you wanted to be there, but he also knows that you're ill. Hang in there and get to feeling better. *hugs*

The Button Witch said...

AWWWWWWW Hun so sorry I missed this post
Hope ur feeling better gentle hugs and get better soon hun

Daphine said...

Oh my! What a tough night. I'm sorry that you had such a tough time! I too am sure that your Uncle knew that you wanted to be there. Praying for you friend!