Yet another Twirly Twee!! I'm loving this quick and easy, yet effective design, am going to mount this one in a white card trimmed with pink, to match the pink vari thread :-)
I had to laugh at Bess, writing her Christmas list! She thinks she is human, as soon as we leave a chair, she jumps right on! She is very strange! She eats Olives, Loves Prawn cocktail crisps and loves marmite on toast!!
And finally! I'm 1/2 way through already!! So glad I have Eclipse lined up ready!My friend Carmel is now hooked too and is biting at my heels for me to finish New Moon! The reason for this picture however is entirely different!
My Beloved Nan died in April, she was a keen dressmaker, that was her career and as her failing health made her increasingly housebound she turned her talents to cardmaking, even up until the week she died, aged 93!!
As well as other reminders of her I inherited what was called her crafty box of junk! This consisted of all different cardmaking thing, trimmings, ribbons,pieces of lace, as well as about 10 sticks of glue!
I decided to use some of her Stash, thats what she would have wanted me to do, however the little lengths of lace and ribbon I use as bookmarks.I love having a little bit of her with me every day!
So this is Nans Lace!
Well..... I think its a cool idea anyhow!
And just an update, Ryan has been much better this week, he still attends Beavers and Golf, but maintained he really didn't like the sports club that he quit last week, so we allowed him to leave.
We can advise and support him, but the last thing I want is for him to be forced into doing stuff he really doesn't like.
He is far happier and the little tic thing he has going on, is much less noticeable.
Mummy and Daddy are far happier too !
..x..
6 comments:
Hi Wendy
I love those swirly trees, they are so effective. Your cat is very cute sitting on the chair. Glad you are enjoying those books. You read so fast. Sorry to hear about your Nan. Great idea to use her lace as bookmarks. I am sure every time you make something with her crafty box of junk she is happy that you inherited her creativity. Glad to hear Ryan is happier.
Lindsay
lol with Bess sitting in that chair. I had to buck my eyes at first to make sure I was seeing the photo correctly. Too funny!
Glad to hear that Ryan is doing better. I am totally with you...we won't force our girls to do anything either. It's way too much for them and us.
Have a great evening friend.!
I love that you are using her lace for bookmarks! She is smiling dowon on you too! That is precious! And I LOVE the twirly trees! They are so cute....maybe one day I'll sit and start cross stitching again! When my babies are older ;)
Hope to chat with you soon!
Love you,
K
Big giggles at Bess ~ the expression on her face!
Awwwww i love the colour combo hun I just did another with ur lilac on navy idea as it looked sooo good. Bless Bess she looks so sweet
Love ur use of nans lace thats a sweet idea and very touching
Glad Ry is more settled this week
Hope to catch u online later
Hugs n Happy Stitching
Shellie
Just popped over from Shellie site..what a lovely blog!
I love the trees! My son gets a little 'tic' when he is stressed...he squints his eyes and has a squeak...we just ignore it and avoid the situations which stress him..the squeak has disappeared and he seems much happier...Glad Ryan is happier too
Post a Comment