CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, 3 May 2008

War museum






Today we went to the Imperial War museum, I won't lie, I wasn't exactly thrilled at the thought!
However, it was very good and the 360 degree video shows that were shown every hour on all the walls of the museum were really good.
Ryan bought a plane (Obviously!) and the boys had fun on the 29 metre high veiwing platform that was open to the elements! I However! DID NOT!!!!!!!!
Since having Ryan I am scared of everything! I don't know why... it just happened with the onset of Motherhood, I was always first in the queue for the wildest, highest and most vomit inducing rides at the amusement park... Not anymore! I go green just at the thought. So being on a 29 metre high platform constructed of barely more than wire mesh, I was NOT a happy bunny! I could only look up as I could see down through the gaps in the wire platform beneath me ( Much to Ryans delight) and only stopped my teeth chattering long enough to yell "Get away from the edge" to Ryan every 2 seconds!
Will try and post a pic to show you the mesh stuff the viewing "Box" was made of, Looked out over the manchester ship canalone side onto "The lowry" theatre and onto "manchester United"'s home ground, Trafford park, the other side.
Never again!
Off to Hobbycraft with Mum tomorrow to buy more embroidery threads and materials, FAR more sensible way to spend a day!!! :-)

1 comments:

Mrs. H said...

You crack me up. I too don't care for towers and such like that. I don't mind rollercoasters, but anything that I can go up high in and look around makes me very nervous. This story reminded me of your mum when we came to visit. She was very scared of heights. Is she still?