CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, 26 March 2009

Easter Already?!

I'm having a little break away from my Lighthouse Cross stitch project at the moment, to be honest I can barely stand the sight of it anymore!
It looks like we'll be visiting my Auntie down in Weymouth for a few days over Easter, which makes me so happy!! I've visited my Nan in Weymouth nearly every Easter since I was about 3, with her passing away last year, I feared Weymouth would be out of the question, But my Lovely Auntie Norma has invited us :-)
Weymouth holds such dear chilhood memories for me, its a place that etched on my heart, and always will be.
Because we will be visiting at Easter, I decided to make my Aunt a nice Easter card, I don't really "Do" Easter cards, but wanted to make something for her to keep.
I am getting married (purposefully) on Nans Birthday and I'm sure with that, and our first Easter without her, it will be an emotional time for all of us.


 
Posted by Picasa


On a brighter note, I'm 10 weeks pregnant! Feels like a milestone, although I'm absolutley worried sick about my scan on Tuesday (31st). My sickness has passed these last 3 days, I'm not sure if this is a good or bad sign, I know so many people who have suffered miscarriage, and they discovered their little bean didn't make it when they got scanned,I'm petrifed this will happen to me. But hey, what will be will be.
I'm sure I'll feel better next week!

7 comments:

Ginnie said...

That's a lovely Easter card, I usually make a couple but probably won't this year as I have too much on. Weymouth is a great place and I spent many happy holidays there as a child too, my one Aunt lives in Poole so we still go every so often. It's lovely you picked your nan's birthday for you wedding I did the same for our engagement many years ago. I will have my fingers crossed for the scan and hope it goes well.... I rememeber being worried and look what happened to me... she told me I was having twins...now that was a shock!! Take care x

stitchersanon said...

The card is lovely...very very nice. I hope you can stop worrying soon and good luck for the scan.

April said...

Wendy~
Don't worry too much about your pregnancy...TRUST and BELIEVE that all will be well! I will be praying for you and that sweet baby!

Your trip to Weymouth sounds like such fun! I know you'll be happy to spend some time with your Aunt. I think it's so special that you're getting married on your nan's birthday. I'm certain she'll be right there with you!

The Button Witch said...

AWWW sweety hang in there Im sure everything will be ok at you scan. Can't beleive the wedding is so near now so excited for you hun.
Easter card is lovely I dont do easter cards so least thats one less thing on my list
TC and hope we manage to catch up soon, missing our chats.
Love n Hugs Shellie

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Wendy
You will have a great time in Weymouth. It's beautiful down there, we just went last summer. I wish we had family there so we could go more often!
I will be thinking of you when you have your scan on the 31st. Try not to worry. I know it's hard. Not long now until your wedding. Sending you a hug.
Lindsay

Mrs. H said...

Yay that you are feeling better! That's great! And don't worry about the scan! Lil' bean is going to be perfect!

Love the Easter card! it is beautiful and your aunt is going to love it!

Glad to see you posting, I was worried you weren't feeling good or just really busy with the wedding!

Love you!

Tara said...

Card is lovely, wow what a lovely day to pick to get married and OMG didn't relise you were pregnant a big big congratulations huni, isn't it lovely when you have so much to look forward to, you post scan your photo of your scan when you get it and the best of luck with your scan huni.....twins wow now thats a handfull.
Lots of love Tara xx