Managed to get this little fairy stitched over the last 2 days, have also sorted threads for my next project which I'm looking forward to as it has NO backstitch!!
Will do some backstitch on my Lighthouse tomorrow, so it hasn't been totally abandoned!
Yippee!
Had quite a frustarting day today. I'm due to goto the hospital to have blood taken next Tuesday. I can't go next Tuesday as I am on a course in work 7.30-5pm Mon- Wed, so in my wisdom decided to ring the hospital this am to enquire whether the antenatal blood room was open on a Friday. I was told it was, as the clinic was open 8.30 - 10.30pm. As it was 9.30am when I got through, I jumped in a taxi and headed straight to the hospital to get the tests over and done with.
On arrival ( And after paying £7 in a taxi ) The receptionist told me that although there is a clinic on a Friday, there is no Plebotomist so blood tests can't be done.
I was MEGA pee'd off! Had to then pay another £1.60 to get home, so no blood test, out of pocket and booked 1/2 a days leave from work. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
SO they can stick their blood test! Its' only a thyroid test, nothing to do with the baby, so am not worried.
Am off to Mothercare this afternoon with my Mum, Have to take a Microwave Steriliser unit back ( Its that big, you would need a Microwave the size of a house to get it in!) and we're looking at a travel system I have my eye on. This will be my first baby shopping trip! EEK! Technically not buying anything, but having a bloody good look!
Have a great weekend Guys and hope your corner of the world is Sunny and bright this weekend :-)
Wend...x..


6 comments:
Hi Wendy~
Sorry for what you had to go through...I can definitely understand your frustration! Hopefully, your weekend will go more smoothly. We're having 85 degree temps here today...woo hoo!
What a pain and waste of a half day off. Fairy is very pretty. For for it with the backstitch..once you start it will not seem so bad.
All the best
gaynor
Just came across your blog and wanted to say hi!
Cute little fairy finish but what a bummer to go all that way to be told there is no one to take blood, not good no wonder you were brassed off.
I have added you to my blog roll so i can come back and visit you again :-)
AWW Darn hospitals!!!! Anyway great stitching hun and have a fab day baby shopping.
Love n Hugs Shellie
Girl don't you just hate it when thing like that happen! I get so ticked off...that is something I am trying to work on right now! My temper!
Have fun baby shopping!
K
Hi Wendy
Sorry you've had a frustrating day but hope you had a good shopping trip with your Mum.
It's lovely and sunny here too. I have the task of getting the garden tidy and the laundry up to date this weekend.
I have set up a private blog for family pictures. I want to invite you to view it but I need your e-mail address to do so. Please can you leave me a comment stating your e-mail address? When I moderate my comments I will not publish it.
Lindsay
Post a Comment