After getting all of our shopping delivered we cleaned the house and went to our local Pub, "The Mons" which has a "Wacky warehouse" kids play centre attatched. We booked Ryans' Birthday party there for May 16th 4-6pm :-) They supply all food, an hours free play for all the invited guests, invitations, thank you cards and party bags all included :-) We just have to buy the cake and take it along with us.
I am admitting, with a shamed face, that this is the first proper Birthday party Ryan has had and we want it to be the VERY BEST! He is inviting all of the children in our street along with his friends in school :-) There will be about 15 children invited ( unfortunatly £'s have to be considered when looking at numbers) so just waiting now to send the invites later this month ( Send them too early and people will forget! )
I'm soooo excited for him! And of course he is too!! I just pray he hasn't gone into school telling the whole class ( ie all 30 of them! ) That they're all invited!
Ryan had an hours play whilst Frank and I had a drink and discussed the party, then we went through to the restaurant to eat. All was well until the food came, Frank had ordered a HUGE mixed grill, I had a ckicken salad and Ryan had Kids sausage and mash. When the waitress brought the huge mixed grill, on a large oval platter, a man on the next table to us, about 60, out with 6 other adults said, "Bet thats all for that fat cow, she'll clear that in 2 minutes"
To say I was absolutly mortified is an understatement. Looking back, I should have let out my anger on him and made him feel awful, but , as usual, I sat, unable to eat a thing, biting back tears feeling sooo sick.Frank ahd been helping Ryan and had not heard the remark, but a woman with this loudmouth was clearly telling him off saying he was really rude and "You can't say things like that". Frank was asking what was wrong, but I was too upset to tell him, we finished the meal, I barely ate a thing, then I walked out as quickly as I could. Told Frank on the way home and he wass Blazing, threatened to go back and punch the guys lights out, but what would that solve?
Big as I am, I've never ever had anyone comment in a negative way about my weight and boy it hurts! A lot! I pride myself that I didn't dissolve in tears and immediatly rush to the bathroom, at least I sat it out and he wasn't aware it had got to me.
I just CAN NOT understand why anyone would say such a thing, or in fact deliberatly say anything personal about someone just to put them down or hurt their feelings.
What a society we live in, how dissapointing.
Good job I surround myself with people who are more than one step up from neanderthol!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago
1 comments:
Oh my goodness. I can't believe anyone would say something like that. That is horrible and he is the one with the problem. I'm sure I too wouldn't have said anything, but afterwards wished I would have torn into him. You are the better person. He'll get paid back one day. Don't you worry. That just ticks me off...
Post a Comment